Software Development Engineer - NodeJs
You will be part of a cross-functional team, with end-to-end responsibilities, all the way from the inception of an idea to running in production and the maintenance following this.
We are a global company, where there is always a customer in prime time.
- Professional attitude: You take your commitments seriously, challenge yourself, and strive to perform assigned duties with exceptional quality.
- Quick learner: You are open to learning and adapting new technologies quickly, as and when needed.
- Communication: You are able to communicate with our foreign counterparts across the globe on a daily basis in a clear and intelligible way, clarifying requirements as needed, to make sure we build the right product.
- Sense of ownership: You are able to take over responsibility for building and maintaining parts of a big project independently.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- At least 2 years of professional working experience.
Preferred expertise areas
- Java/ .Net/ Microservices
- AWS, Lambda, Serverless
- Experience in deployment of code to production environments, including experience in Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform.
Not required, but an advantage
- Experience from the media industry and working on systems for content ingest, enrichment and publishing.
- Experience working with online video processing and distribution (formats, encoding, adaptive bitrate streaming, digital rights management, CDNs, and players)
- Experience working on large distributed systems.
- Experience using Datadog.
- Any AWS Associate level certification or above.
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to pick up and quickly contribute to existing codebases. Unfortunately, we don't always get to just build just new things, and also need to maintain and support hundreds of existing projects.
What we offer
- Seriously advanced work: This is an exciting opportunity to build ground-breaking products for big players in the industry with the latest cloud and mobile stacks, exercising industry best practices.
- Great mentors: You can learn from and tap into the wealth of vast experience we have in our team here and abroad, whenever you need.
- Salary: above market average, depending on skills and experience.
- Yearly increment based on performance.
- Weekend: Saturday and Sunday.
- 4 weeks of paid leave
- 2 weeks of paternity leave
- 6 months of maternity leave
- Leave Encashment
- All the public holidays as declared by the Bangladesh Government.
- Flexible office timing.
- Two Eid Bonuses.
- Child Birth Bonus
- Wedding Bonus
- Hospitalization Safety Net for self, spouse, children, parents, and parents of the spouse.
- Mobile and internet allowances.
- Possibility of short and long-term work opportunities abroad.
- Regular team-building events, parties, etc.
- Fully subsidized delicious lunch, snacks, drinks, etc
Craftsmen is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The decision to hire will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.